Uganda 2017 Day 2: Kafuro glory

We were woken up at 7.00am by one of the staff asking what time we would like breakfast. We decided that 8.00am would be fine. Breakfast was duly served on time and was excellent. We started off with strawberry yoghurt and a fruit platter of pineapple, mango and watermelon. It was delicious! This was followed by omelette with cucumber and tomato on the side with bread and honey to finish. I was so full up I went back to bed for an hour before Mrs Green and I made plans for the day.

We decided we would go and find Kyambogo University as Mrs Green has an important meeting there on Monday week. This necessitated driving through the middle of Kampala which is not my idea of fun! Things got worse when the heavens opened and the drains couldn’t cope so the streets became flooded. What should’ve taken about an hour ended up taking two, but we found the university fairly easily and wandered around the campus. On the way back (another two hours) we identified where Legends Rugby Club is, we are going there next Saturday to watch Uganda play Zimbabwe.

When we got back to Serene, I fell asleep for a couple of hours. I woke up to find a message from Yowasi that Kafuro had won the Conservation Cup. This was brilliant news. Yowasi told me that reporters from two newspapers had attended as well as a journalist for NBS, a national television station. This should provide good publicity for the tournament as we look to grow it year on year.

To celebrate Kafuro’s victory, we went out for dinner at Gorettis, a restaurant we have visited several times before. We have returned back to Serene for an early night hoping that we can pick up our luggage early tomorrow morning.

Breakfast

Fruit platter

I totally agree

This entry was posted in Kafuro Primary School, Uganda and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Uganda 2017 Day 2: Kafuro glory

1. Mrs Frost says:

Well done Kafuro!!!!!!

2. Mrs Prior says:

Fantastic news about Kafuro winning the cup. Fingers crossed your luggage turns up tomorrow and the rest of your trip goes to plan.